Saturday, February 19, 2011

Making My Own Cookie Cutters

Since I started baking and decorating cookies 2 years ago I have collected over 80 cookie cutters. I love searching the web for cute new shapes that I can turn into a cookie. However sometimes you just cant find the right shape for what you are trying to make. I was looking on Amazon one day and I found a "Make your own cookie cutter" kit . I was so excited to try it out that as soon as I received it I began making my first cutter. I have an order coming up in March and one of the cookies is going to be a Martini Glass. You can find them easily on the web but I wanted a specific size... so my fist homemade cookie cutter was a martini glass. It was a little tough at first and I had to try it a few times but it ended up coming out pretty good. I would definitely recommend this kit if your looking for something that you cant find. Though If I need something with a bit more detail I think I will still order them from another site I found that makes custom cutters. Ill post more about that site in my next blog post...








No comments:

Post a Comment